Sunday 31 March 2013

Chocolate and Mini Egg Cookies


So these are the other biscuits I made.  Unfortunately I didn't end up getting very good photos, which annoys me.  

Anyway, the biscuits for the elder of my two brothers took the longest to decide upon.  Given he eats pretty much anything this is rather weird.  You'd think he'd be the easiest.  I eventually settled on chocolate biscuits but wanted to add something too them because otherwise they didn't seem as fancy as the others.  I considered fudge and toffee, since he likes those, but went with Mini Eggs since these were a gift for Easter.

Currently I have no feedback on these biscuits (I didn't try them since I don't like chocolate biscuits) so will add that later.

Recipe - adapted from Cookie Jar
Makes about 15
  • 125g/4.5oz butter
  • 175g/6oz caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 125g/4.5oz plain flour
  • 35g/1.25oz cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 40g/1.5oz Mini Eggs
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and line 2-3 trays with greaseproof paper.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
  3. Lightly beat the egg and add to the sugar butter with the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
  4. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda and crush and add the Mini Eggs.  Mix well to combine.  You'll get a sticky dough.
  5. Dampened you hands and roll walnut sized pieces into balls and space well apart on the trays.
  6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, remove from the oven and then allow to sit on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment